GIST of “OUR RUNAWAY KITES”
1. A month after the kite was cut, the narrator’s father received a-
2. The letter was from-
Ans: the narrator’s father’s sister, Aunt Esther.
3. The narrator’s father had-
Ans: a brother and a sister.
4. The narrator’s father left home after-
Ans: quarrelling with his brother
5. Years afterward, when the narrator’s father went back home, he found-
Ans: his brother had died and he couldn’t find his sister.
6. The name of Aunt Esther’s children were-
Ans: Dick and Mimi.
7. Aunt Esther was-
Ans: a widow who lived hundreds of miles inland.
8. Dick and Mimi discovered the kite on-
Ans: top of a tree in the woods.
9. Aunt Esther turned pale when-
Ans: she saw the kite patched with the same letter that she had once written to her brother.
10. Aunt Esther’s mother’s or the narrator’s grandmother’s name was-
11. Aunt Esther’s father’s or the narrator’s grandfather’s name was-
12. Next day after the narrator’s father received the letter he-
Ans: brought Aunt Esther, Dick and Mimi to island.