Asleep In The Valley short question and answer
1. What flows through the small green valley where the soldier sleeps?
A slow stream flows through the small green valley where the soldier sleeps.
2. What expression does the soldier have on his face?
The soldier has a childlike, gentle and guileless smile on his face.
3. What does the stream in the poem “Asleep in the Valley” leave on the grass?
The stream leaves long strands of silver on the bright green grass.
4. How does the sleeping soldier look as he sleeps amidst the valley?
The sleeping soldier looks like an infant while sleeping amidst the valley.
5. What do the Sun rays do?
The sun rays fill the hollow of the valley full of light.
6. What are the ‘two red holes’ on the soldier’s side?
The ‘two red holes’ on the soldier’s side are actually bullet wounds..
7. To whom does the poet plead to keep the soldier warm?
The poet pleads to Nature to keep the soldier warm.
8. What does the poet plead to Nature for the comfort of the soldier?
The poet pleads to nature to keep the soldier warm so that he would not catch cold.
9. How does the soldier lie?
The soldier lies open-mouthed in the valley.
10. What lies on the soldier’s breast?
One hand of the soldier lies on his breast.
11. Where does the soldier sleep in the poem “Asleep in the Valley”?
A soldier sleeps on the green grass bed of the valley.
12. What does the soldier’s posture of sleep suggest?
The soldier’s posture of sleep suggests that he has passed away.
13. What is suggested by the word ‘hollow’?
The word ‘hollow’ suggests a valley surrounded by mountains.
14. “He may catch cold”- Why does the poet fear so?
As the soldier is lying in the lap of nature under the open sky, the poet fears that he may catch cold.
15. Where do the feet of the soldier lie?
The soldier’s feet are among the flowers in the valley.
16. Who fails to disturb the rest of the soldier?
The humming insects fail to disturb the rest of the soldier.
17. What is suddenly found at the side of the soldier?
Suddenly two red holes are found at the side of the soldier.
18. Why does the poet ask Nature to keep the soldier warm?
The poet asked Nature to keep the soldier warm so that he does not catch cold.
19. What does ‘heavy undergrowth’ refer to?
The ‘heavy undergrowth refers to the bushes and plants.
20. What do the two red holes convey?
The two red holes at the side of the soldier convey that the soldier has been shot to death.
You may also like: