What is Simple Sentence?
A simple sentence is a sentence that contains only one independent clause, which means it has a subject and a predicate and can stand alone as a complete thought. It is the most basic type of sentence in the English language.
Here are some examples of simple sentences:
- She wants to learn how to speak Spanish.
- The children love playing in the park.
- He decided to quit his job and travel the world.
- The cat enjoys napping in the sun.
- She needs to finish her homework before she can watch TV.
- The baby likes to listen to lullabies before falling asleep.
- They plan to go hiking in the mountains this weekend.
- He loves swimming in the ocean on hot summer days.
- She hopes to find a new job soon.
- The bird flew away after spotting a worm on the ground.